Monday, June 20, 2011

They are Dear to Me

Lydia and I are reading a great book on the missionary to India, Amy Carmichael.  A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael  It was written by Elisabeth Elliot - another great lady.  I love Amy's all-or-nothing abandonment to God's calling on her life.  I feel that, too.  God is so good - I want to do what it takes to be consistent and faithful to the calling He has placed on my life.

Amy wrote this on the inside cover of her Bible:

These children are dear to Me.  Be a mother to them, and more than a mother.  Watch over them tenderly, be just and kind.  If thy heart is not large enough to embrace them, I will enlarge it after a pattern of My own.  If these young children are docile and obedient, bless Me for it; if they are froward, call upon Me for help; if they weary thee, I will be thy consolation; if thou sink under thy burden, I will be thy Reward.

He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, And carry them in His bosom, And gently lead those who are with young. Isaiah 40:11

No comments:

Post a Comment