Thursday, April 9, 2009

Misc.

My older brother came for a visit this past week.  OH MY GOODNESS.  What a nice time we had.  I come from a family of six and he is10 years older than me.  He left home when I was in 2nd grade, and I haven't seen too much of him since.  When I was a teen, he was beginning his family.  When I was starting my family, he was on the tail end of raising his....busy, busy, busy.  Now he's a Papaw and has time to travel to see his little sister!  Love it.  I almost cried when we went to church together and sang the hymns and praise songs standing side by side.  Is that corny?  Whatever.  I loved it.


Here's a picture of him and my sister-in-law, Shirley, holding my babies.  This is when we went to pick-up our goat's milk and fresh eggs.  The kids love to go visit the goats and feed them leaves from the bushes that grow by their pen.


Oh my.  I just tried to download those great once in a lifetime pictures, but they're gone.  NOTE TO SELF:  Do not allow 8-year-old to play with camera anymore.


In other news, I did it.  Someone sent me one of those cheesy questionnaires that are so fun to fill out.  In the one I got, we could only answer the questions with one word. 

When it came to this question:  Hobbies?


I took the plunge and typed: Family.


GASP!  REALLY?  Yes.  Really.  I know that these days that is total sacrilege, but yes, really, I love doing things for and with my family.  Why can't that be my hobby?  Yes, I do stuff like cross stitch and knitting, but that's for during those times when Darin is reading a good book to us in the evenings, or when we sit down together in the afternoons to listen to one of our favorite men, John MacArthur.  Really, it keeps me from falling asleep, which is what I tend to do if I'm sitting still.

No comments:

Post a Comment