Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Older Brothers and Sisters

I've decided that every baby should come with an 11 year old brother, or an 8 year old sister.  Even a 6 year old brother is a good thing to have around when there's a baby in the house.  Since having our new baby boy 10 months ago, life has been amazingly less stressful than I was imagining it would be.  Part of that is getting the baby on a good schedule, but a huge part of that is my older children who do so much to help me out around here when they do their chores and when they go beyond the chore list.  It has been such a blessing to me!  Because they are so helpful, there have been a few times when I have had to let them know that I'm the Mommy!  ;-)


I just read a great post by Laurie Bluedorn that touches on this subject.  She wrote about the role of the older daughter in the home.  It's a must-read for all of us with up-and-coming girls.

1 comment:

  1. It is so nice to hear how your children are such a blessing to one another. We are expecting our fourth child in the fall and the children are all very excited. I was tagged by a good friend of mine with a book meme. If you are interested then consider yourself tagged! You can check out the details at my website.

    In Christ,

    Shonda

    ReplyDelete