Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Tackle-It Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


I haven't posted a Tackle-It Tuesday in awhile, but not because I haven't been doing them!  I just haven't had time to post them each week, so you get to see three Tackles today - I guess that makes this entry a Tackle of its own.


First off is THE LID DRAWER.  Ugh.  These pictures really don't do justice to how scary our lid drawer was.  It was packed.  How packed was it?  So packed that usually when we opened the drawer, some of the bigger lids would get caught on the top and get flung down into the cabinet below.  Anyone else had that happen?  It was something that needed taken care of, but was one of those little, irritating projects that no one wanted to take the time for, so I finally bit the bullet and went for it.


This first picture is the lid drawer before.



Here is the pile of lids that I threw into the recycle bin.  Woohoo!



Here is the lid drawer after!  It is SO nice!  We love putting lids on our bowls now. 



My parents came for a two-week stay in December and brought two bushels of apples for us to make into applesauce.  Man, no one wanted to tackle those apples because we were trying to be Christmasy and the apples were getting mushy even though my parents bought them at the end of apple season from an apple orchard near their hometown.  But we did, and when we finished, we had 36 quarts of homemade applesauce to put up on our shelves in the garage!  Applesauce is a great thing.  It's the perfect side for just about everything.  Remember The Brady Bunch episode when Bobby asked Alice what was for dinner and she replied with "Pork shops and appleshaushe."  Oh, the good ol' days.....



Finally, here are two dishrags I knitted for our new neighbors.  They were scheduled to move in the third weekend of December, so I had to hurry to get these done in time.  What a geeky welcome gift, I know, but hey, it's from the heart.  My friend Julie told me about a Yahoogroup that is totally devoted to knitting dishrags and I joined.  The owner of the group sends out the pattern for a dishrag in ten rows each day until the rag is done.  Works for me because I don't have time to do more than 10 rows in a day.  I learned how to knit last year (because Julie made me go to the class with her!  ;-) but haven't graduated past dishrags.  At this point, I am content with dishrags, while Julie has gone on to socks and shawls.  One day, Julie!!!!!! 


Anyway, I don't know if you can tell, but the purple dishrag is a rocking horse and the white one is a snowman. 



 

7 comments:

  1. You achieved quite a lot ! congratulations looks nice.


    http://gattina-keyholepictures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the dishcloth KAL group too! I put a pic of my January cloth up yesterday. The applesauce pic is beautiful. I hear ya on the messy lid drawer. I bought one of those spinner things at Lowe's. All the lids fit all the containers. Totally worth $20!


    Gina

    www.wardandjune.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job - I love knit wash clothes, they are the best! My grandma sends me new ones every chrismas and they are one of my favorite gifts! I have my second tackle up now at htpp://twomomsinablog.com:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I love your lid drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot, you can come visit me at http://sumnerrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those dishrags are wonderful.


    Fabulous work on the lid drawer. I should do that - keep the lids in a separate drawer. I HATE trying to find lids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have SO enjoyed your posts tonight. I LOVE the dishrags and I often quote "pork chops and applesauce" to the kids, but couldn't remember who said it! Thanks for the reminder!


    Blessings,

    Becky

    ReplyDelete