Monday, June 11, 2007

Craving

I haven't had many cravings since finding out that I'm pregnant, and this first craving has taken me by surprise.  My Mom's potato salad.  I tried to fill the need with potato salad from the grocery store (yes, I am that lame), but it just didn't do the trick.  It didn't taste like Mom's!  So I called Mom and got her recipe.  It seems the "secret" indgredient in her potato salad was handed over to her by her sister-in-law, my Aunt Lonie.  Boiled eggs.  Uncle Alvah and Aunt Lonie were chicken farmers so they had plenty of eggs to spare.  My Mom said that Aunt Lonie put boiled eggs in a lot of recipes that one would not suspect simply because she had a surplus of eggs on her hands.


Here's the recipe that Mom gave me.  I come from a family of six kids, and even though we kids have not been living at home for years and years, Mom still cooks big, so I cut this recipe in half.


8 potatoes, cubed and boiled
12 boiled eggs
1 onion
1 c. mayo
mustard to taste
 1/2 to 1 c. dill relish


I am sitting here waiting for my husband to get home so we can plow into some roast and potato salad!!!!  Never thought I would be this excited over potato salad.  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I need a friend to go thru this pregnancy with. YOU are the ONE. (if you'll have me!!!)


    LOL - keep in touch ok?


    -gena

    ReplyDelete