Monday, June 18, 2007

So Long, Ol' Friend

Yes, we're saying goodbye to the old Huggies wipes box that has been duct taped to our door for almost a year.  You're not the first to wonder at our reasoning at having a box like this taped over our entryway door.  Just about everyone who visits, just HAS to ask, and by the time they leave our house, they have ALL become true-blue believers in the Huggies box over the door because they all get to try it out.  ;-)  We use the Huggies wipes box as a basketball goal.



One evening, on a rare date night, my husband and I were cruising around Target (I know, we are SO romantic) when we came across the old Nerf hoop.  We both had one as kids, it was super cheap (I think it was about 3 bucks), so we bought one for our kids.  FUN! 


It lasted about a week.  It was so cheaply made, it didn't stand a chance with our rowdy kids.  But we gave it another chance.  We bought another one and it died just as quickly.  By this time First Son had come to love having something hanging over the door to throw a ball through, but my husband and I refused to put down another 3 bucks towards the Nerf hoop.  So one afternoon, in a lull in all the excitement that goes on around here, First Son tried to hang the Huggies box over the doorway,  I helped tuck in the flaps and recommended the duct tape, and he took it from there.  It has been a permanent fixture ever since.  Much beloved.  Much used.  We all love the Huggies box, man. 


But it's dead.  Too many slam dunks have worn it out, so when I go shopping this weekend, I will buy some new wipes in a BRAND SPANKING NEW Huggies box and we will get a new basketball goal.  We're all giddy with excitement.  If you only knew!

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea! Today's toys are so cheaply made and kids today don't know how to create their own fun. I just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind comment about the lil' guy.


    www.TheHomeschoolMagazine.com

    ReplyDelete