Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Death of an Iraqi Church

So much goes on in the world that we never see or hear about.  As I watched the video below, I imagined things I might have been doing during the trouble that these Iraqi Christians went though, and are still going through.  As I think about those things, I feel thankful to God that we aren't facing hard times like these in our own country, ashamed that I don't pray for persecuted Christians around the world enough, and humbled.  Humbled because the small irritations that I deal with during a normal week around here are NOTHING compared to the struggle and humiliation that so many others go through.


 William J. Murray, Chairman of the Religious Freedom Coaltion made this video while in Iraq:
THE DEATH OF AN IRAQI CHURCH - During our fact finding mission to the Middle East , I interviewed Iraqi Christians at the Chaldean Catholic Church in Beirut, Lebanon. In the basement of the church a display had been placed on the walls of photos from the church in Iraq. The display started with average middle class family photos taken before Islamic oppression escalated with our invasion, and they show what the conditions are now.


No comments:

Post a Comment