Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Food

I've been reading a lot lately about how it's better to avoid fruits and vegetables that are grown out of season.  They cost more out of season because of the extra effort it takes to grow them out of season, among other reasons that my feeble, pregnant brain cannot remember.  I grew up shopping in grocery stores and not really working a garden, so I had no clue about what was really in and out of season at any given time of year.  I was sure about most of the standards like watermelon, apples, oranges, strawberries among others, but wasn't sure about everything.  So I did a Google search and came up with this page that has pictures and everything!  LoL Good thing, since I have never heard of some of the things on their list.


Go here for a Produce Guide to Season Fruit and Vegetables.


Also, if you haven't had a chance to subcribe to the online mag, Seasonal Delights, you must check it out.  Our family has greatly enjoyed the new recipes and craft ideas that we have received.  The recipes.......YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment