Monday, December 1, 2008

Exercise Challenge

Moms of Many Exercise Challenge

Well, it's been a few weeks since I posted about my exercise progress.  Didn't want you all to think I abandoned the cause!  I'm still exercising.  I've been getting up around 6 and doing a 30 minute walk with Leslie Sansone.  This is a big, fat deal for me (HA!  No pun intended...sigh).  Getting up when it's still dark outside goes against everything I believe in, but my flabby thighs have won the day.  I would love, love, LOVE to do more.  I really enjoy exercising and looking my best, but this just isn't my time for all that.  Hubby, homeschooling, kids, and house keep me busy.   


If you're involved in an exercise routine, I would love to hear from you!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Becca, you are not alone -- I am still at it!! And still with nothing to show for it, but doing it nonetheless. I told myself that since I am 45 and have birthed four children, I have <i>earned</i> this body! I should be happy with it! But it doesn't seem like much of a reward, lol. Trying to reverse the effects of 20-some (30-some?) years of laziness and neglect is long, hard work.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had just started a new exercise routine of walking with my girls and going to the gym. Then we found out the day after Thanksgiving that we're expecting again, so I'll have to alter my routine. Figures, lol. I am with you though, I hate getting out of bed while it's still dark.

    www.atshoresend.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally, I am so glad you are still with me! You are SO RIGHT about this being a long term gig. When I started all this exercise months ago, I was picturing me back in my old body in a few, short months. HA! Now I imagine my tight abs.....when I'm 60! ;-) 20 more years to go.....


    At Shores End....congratulations on your new pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't recognize your blog and had to do a double take! lol I have not been exercising and have been trying to get myself worked up to start again so I'm at least somewhat prepared for labor. I figure carting around these extra baby pounds while taking care of little ones and a house counts for something ... right? lol It sure feels like a workout!


    You are encouraging and your blog looks great, btw. :D

    Alicia

    http://theyarntotingblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alicia, it's so good to hear from you! I hear you about the exercise while pregnant. I get so tired when I'm pregnant - I'm mentally building myself up to continue going if we ever get pregnant again, but once the hormones kick in, who knows what I'll do. ;-)


    I'm praying for a wonderful delivery for you!

    ReplyDelete