Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm Pregnant!

Took a test last Friday night to make it official and all, but I was suspecting all during the month of April that I was pregnant.  As the month wore on, I became increasingly more tired and slow.  The biggie for me was the night we had breakfast for dinner.  I was working my way through my scrambled eggs and got to the point, about halfway through, when they just looked and felt rubbery and NASTY.  I have not recovered from that to this day.  ;-)


Darin and I are in a little bit of shock.  We've never really felt as if we have a "big" family before.  Other people we know have big families, but not Darin and me, eh?  Now with the upcoming arrival of #6 (late December/early January), we feel as if we're going to join the ranks of our friends who have big families.  Isn't that silly?  Maybe once he/she/Stephen/Claudia arrives, we'll decide that we still feel as if we don't have a big family. 


I'm excited about the new OB that I will be going to!  This is a guy who believes that women should have babies until their bodies are done.  What a concept!  I've been totally stressing out my old OB with every new pregnancy with the homeschooling/big family/she's-too-old-to-be-giving-birth- thing.  I didn't want to be responsible for any increased stress in her life, so I am just quietly slipping off to this new guy. 

14 comments:

  1. diamondsintheroughMay 9, 2009 at 5:44 AM

    Congratulations! What a nice Mother's Day gift. :o)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your family. Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!! How exciting to anticipate the arrival of another little blessing! It's also nice to have an OB that is in support of women having the babies God has designed them to have.


    Erna @ The Beautiful Sojourn

    (http://beautifulsojourn.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How exciting! You guys are raising such wonderful blessings for the world. I know you are grateful for another. Either that, or you REALLY do not like to go camping! :)


    Happy Mother's Day!


    Lynn D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the congratulations, you guys. :-)


    LYNN! LoL That's too funny. I actually love camping. I grew up doing the REAL camping thing. No running water or electricity. Just a roll of toilet paper and a campfire. ;-) I was THIS close to coming with Sophia this year, but Darin told me I was insane. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Time for a home birth...maybe??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Probably no home birth for moi. ;-) I just can't imagine subjecting my kids through my moaning during labor. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  8. diamondsintheroughMay 10, 2009 at 5:03 PM

    OH Becca, you are so right about Romans 14! But at that point it will be too late for the sinner to receive him. :o( I am soooo thankful to be eternally saved.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Becca! So very excited for you. May blessings be poured out on you as you carry this new little one.

    Crissy Lodmell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your new little life! I am so excited for you!! Sorry I haven't blogged about Moms of Many Challenge :) I just don't have it in me right now like I thought I did....but when I do I will blog. I just need to figure out how to fit it in......if only the sun would shine at 4 am!!!! {{wink}} Blessings, EMichelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, what wonderful news!! Have you ever read "Supernatural Childbirth" by Jackie Mize? It's awesome!! I also read your interview posts, I thought they were great!!

    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Belinda! I have not read that book, but will look for it. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Becca! Regarding being a "large" family, we only have four (with one on the way), and we've had people ask all the "large family" questions ("Don't you know what causes that?", "Are all of these yours?", "You must really have your hands full!", etc. A few days ago we were in Wal-mart and a lady working there kept exclaiming over our family, saying we could have our own football team, etc. Pretty funny! I didn't know you could just have 6 people on a football team. :)


    Anyway, I hope your pregnancy goes well and that you're feeling great!


    Love,

    Joy

    http://gracefulwordsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Joy. :-) Looks like your family and my family could get together to make that football team. ;-)

    ReplyDelete