Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Goal Update

I made a goal at the beginning of this year to try to connect more with my daughter.  The original post is titled Girls Day Out.  Then I have an update here.  And now for another update.  :-)


I'm realizing that as I go through each day that there are ways that I can better connect with each of my kids, but have just been to distracted with life to notice.  Something that L can always be found doing is singing.  Today when we went on a walk around the block, she made up a song for each season, and then started in on her own originals for each month.  She's no master musician.  She just likes to carry a tune with her wherever she happens to be. 


If this blog were a t.v., you would see me standing in front of you with a far-away, dreamy look while the picture gets wavy, and I remember back to my college days.  I was a Theatre major.  I was in the lobby of the theatre building one afternoon all by my lonesome self, and as one of my professors came around the corner he said, "Must be Becca because I hear singing."  Awwww, shucks.  I took that as a compliment, and I think he meant it that way.


I'm not sure now that anyone I know would think of me in that way.  I think I have let the worries and chores of motherhood and marriage distract me and now I rarely belt out a tune.  So today I vowed to start singing with L when she breaks out in song.  She had "Just as I Am" and "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" going through her head today, so we sang them a few times and shared some smiles with each other as we sang.

No comments:

Post a Comment