Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm Pregnant!

My  husband said he knew two weeks ago, and of course I said, "Why didn't you TELL me?"  LoL  I honestly did not suspect a thing until about Wednesday/Thursday-ish of this past week.  I took a test on Friday afternoon.


We took the kids to dinner to celebrate and to tell them the good news.  They are all so precious.  First Son teared up.  He's not always an easy one to read, so I asked him if those were happy or sad tears.  He said "happy." 


My sweet daughter screamed so that just about the entire restaurant could hear her.  She hasn't been able to stop hugging me since and has been carrying around her dolls all day today, telling me that she can't wait to be a mom, too.


Second Son was oblivious to Dad's announcement.  When our food came, he was going to pray for it, when I said, "Don't forget to thank God for our new baby!"  He said, "What new baby?  Henry?"  doh!   I said, "I'm pregnant!  We're going to have a new baby!"  He said, "No you're not!"  Totally shocked.  He has joined Sweet Daughter in the constantly hugging me.  He is so excited.


Of course Third Son has no clue that he is about to be de-throned from his special perch as the youngest.  Ignorance is bliss, right?  ;-) 

9 comments:

  1. Wooo Hooo!!!! Congratulations Becca. You are definitely blessed. I know that you will be pleased to welcome any precious bundle into your home, but I am pulling for a girl so that your sweet daughter won't continue to be outnumbered!


    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO happy for you and your family! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I will be praying that all will go well and that the Lord will prepare everyone for the new blessing that is to arrive!!!!!! God is good!!!!!!


    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How very exciting for you!

    Blessings ~ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca and Drain,

    Congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy. May God continue to bless you to be fruitful and continue to be a happy and healthy family. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this wonderful news with all of us!


    Yvonne :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very happy for you! And thanks for the thinking blogger honor. You are sweet.


    lindafay

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so delighted for you! Congratulations on the expected arrival!


    I'm just getting in to check on blogs that don't have an RSS feed. Then, I attempted to get the RSS feed to your blog (didn't work for me before) and am so delighted. So, hopefully I'll comment a bit more around here.


    Blessings,


    Erna @ http://erna-sweet-serenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. JacqueDixonSoulRestESApril 28, 2007 at 6:35 PM

    So nice to meet you.

    CONGRATULATIONS!

    I am sure your little blessings are going to wait in as much anticipation as you are until this new little blessing arrives!


    It's nice to meet people who visit me unbeknownst to me!!

    It will be nice to get to know you.



    Have you ever been to my homestead blog? I have posted more pregnancy/ breastfeeding, etc. posts there. Link is on my sidebar.

    ( ;


    Be Blessed!

    Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine MasloskeApril 29, 2007 at 5:42 AM

    Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ!


    I came here via the Bluedorn's blog after seeing your most wonderful picture of your reading family! Our family, too, could look very much like that, loving the Bluedorn's materials! Hey, does your husband really read TTT? Bless his heart if he does! I've seen your name for years on TTT-related things and it was sweet to see that picture of your family!


    Praise God for your recent pregnancy! How blessed you are! We will pray that all goes well for you and your family!


    Love in Christ,

    Christine

    ReplyDelete