Sunday, April 1, 2007

They're Back

Well, the kids and my husband returned from their weekend camping trip.  They were tired, sunburned and grouchy.  And the best thing was finding out that my husband didn't have any of the kids brush their teeth ALL WEEKEND.  No shower, I can handle.  That's almost to be expected, but no teeth brushing????  Oh, man.  My husband is usually pretty good at getting stuff like that done, but just totally slacked it this weekend.  For shame!  ;-)  I've been busy this afternoon getting the car unpacked and have washed many, many loads of smoke-smelling clothes and blankets. 


Note to self: Don't ever send an afghan on camping trips.  I'm not sure if I will ever get the dead leaves and bugs off of them again.


After naps and church this evening, everyone was just about back to normal and started sharing the "your feet were in my face the whole night" stories which are the hallmark of any successful camping trip, so I think I can say with confidence that a good time was had by all.  :-)


I had a great weekend as well.  There is always so much going on around here that I don't always get enough time to plan for school as I would like.  When I wasn't hanging out with our baby boy, that's what I did.  I didn't turn on the t.v. or listen to music, or do anything but think, plan and read.  It felt GREAT! 


Other note to self: Start talking to hubby about "the next" camping trip......

No comments:

Post a Comment