Thursday, April 26, 2007

Rangers Game

Monday night was Game 7 in the Stanley Cup Quarter Finals between the Vancouver Canucks and our Dallas Stars.  What an agonizing series!  My husband was geared up to babysit the t.v. until the game came on to make sure no one messed with his TIVO settings.  He wasn't going to miss a minute of this very important hockey game.  Hockey is HIS sport.


But the night before the big game, a friend offered free Texas Rangers tickets.  The boys heard me mention it to their Dad and they immediately started jumping up and down saying, "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!"  My husband only heard their excitement about live baseball and said it would be great to have the tickets.  By the next morning, my husband realized that the baseball game was clashing with his hockey game, so he did what any Dad would do.  He asked the boys if they were SURE they wanted to go to the baseball game.  God bless him - First Son said he would rather stay home and watch the hockey game, but my husband knew he was saying that just because he knew that was what his Dad wanted.  Second Son had no issues - he said he wanted to go to the baseball game. 


So my husband gave up Game 7 of the series between the Canucks and the Stars for his boys, and they loaded up and went to watch the Rangers lose to a bad team.  ;-)  He is such a great guy.  I sent the camera with him so they could take pictures so I could always show the boys and remind them about the great Dad they have.  They made it home with one picture, and my husband isn't even in it, but I guess even one picture can serve as a good reminder for a wonderful sacrifice that was made for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment