Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award


Well, it was so nice of hsmomof2 to nominate me as a thinking blogger.  I'm supposed to nominate my own five thinking bloggers, and hsmomof2 is at the top of my list.  I love the way she writes about the day-to-day stuff of her life, making it sound so profound.  That is a gift!


So here are the rules for this gig:



If you get tagged with a Thinking Blogger Award, you are then supposed to do the following:




1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.


Okay......my five favorite thinking blogs.....


1.  My son, over at Benjamin2.  I love that boy.  I love reading his entries.  You may not think they are the stuff of Tolstoy, and really, I don't either, but this is a kid who spouts off football trivia 24/7.  My husband and I have decided that if we cut his head open, we would find a Nerf football.  ;-)  With all his chatter about football, he rarely talks about a lot of day-to-day stuff, and I find it HIGHLY fascinating to go to his blog and see what he thought was so important that he wanted to write about it to the world.  Did I say that I love that boy?


2.  Now, this is a pre-Thinking Blogger nomination.  My husband, is thinking REAL HARD about what his first blog entry is going to be.  He has his blog set-up and ready to go, and we're all waiting with bated breath to see what he has to say.  So this is really just a punch-in-the-arm to get him going.


3.  Next is my pal over at the Fisher Family blog.  It's hard to know if I could honestly say that I know anyone who so wholeheartedly seeks God and the best for her family as this chica does.  She encourages me.


4.  At The Simmons' Scoop is a friend who moved from TX to CA a few  years ago.  I love reading her blog because this woman ENJOYS life.  Everywhere she goes, she makes it an adventure and reading about all the fun things she and her family have done since moving to CA is just pure fun.  Near run-ins with celebrities, kewl restaurants, fun vacations to explore CA before her husband's company transfers them to the next place.  She also has a wonderful sense of adventure with just the day-to-day stuff of life that makes me want to "be festive" like she is.  ;-)


5.  Finally, someone you probably all know about is LindaFay at HigherUpandFurtherIn.  I aspire to all things Charlotte Mason/Bluedorn TTT and LindaFay helps me out with the CM stuff.  Her posts are practical and have helped me as I seek to truly implement the CM way into our homeschool.  She has already been nominated as a Thinking Blogger, but I can't help but nominate her again!  :-)


1 comment:

  1. Becca, check out Sweet Tea with Lemon at http://sweet-teawithlemon.blogspot.com/


    I believe she will fit your "thinking" blog criteria. She is not a homeschooler, but has some wonderful devotional posts.


    Did the boys enjoy the game??


    Julie

    ReplyDelete