Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pregnancy Update

I had my first OB appointment today.  I was about to DIE until time for this appointment.  I love going and hearing the heartbeat of the baby for the first time (always makes me cry!), and because of my Advanced Maternal Age (WELL! I never!), I usually get a sonogram.  ;-)


There were no disappointments in this visit.  I got to see the baby and he/she was very busy!  So early in the pregnancy, and yet we could see little tiny arms and legs moving.  It made me all teary and so anxious to meet this little person. 


Every time I'm pregnant, I think that the newest baby just cannot outdo the latest baby in cuteness and cuddliness, and I certainly feel that way now!  I mean, Third Son just couldn't get ANY cuter.  Blonde hair, bright blue eyes, chubby cheeks, hands and legs.  I mean, come on, you would want to squish this boy if you could see him. 


Yesterday when I was talking on the phone to his Dad, I ended the conversation with "bye."  That little mockingbird repeated what I said, and then today was walking around with a fake phone talking his sweet gibberish into it, and then after a minute or two, he would say, "Bye!"  And he would say it as if he has a southern accent - "bi!"  I know we live in Texas, but I grew up in Buffalo, NY, and my husband grew up here, but has the standard American accent.  Not sure how he ended up with that, but that's how it is.  So it is so funny to hear Third Son say, "Bi!"


The only "setback" to the visit was that when my OB measured the baby during the sonogram, the measurements were coming up at 9 weeks, 5 days, rather than the 10 weeks, 5 days I "should" be.  So now my due date has been moved up six days to December 14th.  Now I need to see if I can fix my counter-thingy up at the top of my blog!  Honeeeeeeey.......!

No comments:

Post a Comment