Monday, December 17, 2007

Finally!

Well, I've hated to be a blogging flake, but it's been so crazy around here with First and Only Husband at work so much during the last two weeks.  We're all crossing our fingers and saying huge prayers.  It looks as if tomorrow will be his last day and then he will finally get to start his vacation on Wednesday - a week late.  God bless him.  I know it's been stressful for him.  It's a fine line he has to walk, knowing how needed he is at home AND work right now.  There's no way to please any of us.  ;-)  It's been doubly hard on him because although Sophia is an excellent sleeper during the day, she struggles at night.  We are not the types to walk the floor with her if there doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong with her, so we've been letting her cry it out.  She usually gets to sleep after crying for about 5-10 minutes, but doesn't stay asleep for long, so we usually spend two or three hours each night sleeping/waking/sleeping/waking.......so my Husband is going to work sleep deprived.  I do feel guilty when I lay down to take a nap to catch up during the day, knowing he can't! 


So.....here are pictures of Sophia!  Better later than never, eh?


Here she is after her first bath.


Here are the kids and my Mom getting their first glimpse of her at the hospital.  Thank GOD for my parents.  We would have never gotten through this time without them.



Here's a picture of her at home.  A rare moment when she has her eyes open.  I LOVE her eyes.  I wish you could see them in person!  She's just beautiful.  <sigh>



I want to thank you all for all the wonderful comments you left after my last post.  You added to our joy with yours!  We are so grateful for this new baby girl.  I have to admit that today when I was putting away some of my maternity clothing, I prayed that I would get to wear it again!  ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! She is just precious!!! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becca, she is SO SO cute!!! We have to get these two little girls together, hopefully for the Arlington Book Fair....we're really gonna try and make it.


    Love,

    gena

    ReplyDelete
  3. one word:

    awwwww.....


    ok - I take that back. I can never just say one word. She is beautiful. What a precious time. Loved seeing the pictures. Hope you start getting some sleep.

    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet girl!!! Perhaps sleep is over rated... nope... it's a must!!! Thus, after I tried to do everything just as the Dr. said with #1 son and was SO sleep deprived, I learned to sleep some with #2 in bed with me, and full time until 6 weeks old with #3. Yes, Dr.'s warn about doing this, but I'm an incredibly light sleeper and you just do what you have to in order to survive and still be able to mother the older siblings. At 6 weeks, #3 transitioned beautifully to his own bed (beside ours). Oh... some say they'll sleep once they have enough body fat. Anyway, that theory encouraged me through hourly nighttime nursing until the sleeplessness passed. I pray that she'll get the sleep thing figured out soon. :)Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is absolutely beautiful!!! What a blessing!

    We have a Sophia in our house too, BTW, so I LOVE the name! :o)


    www.mamaarcher.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. JacqueDixonSoulRestESDecember 19, 2007 at 8:46 PM

    Don't you just love new babies!!!

    She is so precious. She even looks like a Sophia.


    I couldn't stand to be awake all night either when I had just delivered... too exhausting! By the time I hit the 3rd week, I was a zombie! One thing I did was I woke them up every 2 hours during the day and nursed them 'til they were full. It helped them sleep longer at night. By 6 weeks, the last 3 have slept for at least 4 hours at a stretch and go right back to sleep at night with a feeding. Luc is 8m and sleeps for 6+ hours. She usually only wakes 1x if at all; I nurse her; she goes right back to sleep.


    Have you done that at all before? Do you sleep with her or put her in a crib? I have slept with all 8 of mine in bed with me for the most part. Never had a problem, since I would be sleeping lightly listening for them as newborns anyway!


    Praying for rest in your home!!!

    Blessings!

    -Jacque


    ReplyDelete