Saturday, February 2, 2008

I Am a Human Napkin

I am a human napkin.  Second Son sits next to me on a bench at the dinner table.  There are always a few times during a meal that he will slide over to cuddle with me and wipe his mouth on my arm while he's there.  First Daughter has been known to give me a hug and wipe her nose on my shirt front while she's at it.


I assumed that I became their human napkin because of laziness or something, but I'm beginning to think it's something that is innate because the other day, Third Son, who is only 22 months old, was washing his hands at the kitchen sink.  I was standing there with him and after he finished rinsing the soap bubbles down the drain he reached over to me and said, "Dry hands, Mama" and proceeded to grab my shirt to do the job.  While he was at it he gave me a big hug.


I am a human napkin, and I am loved.  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Making my rounds, I have been lax in doing so as we have had illness around our house. I hope all is well!! That human napkin thing is just too funny!!

    Kristine

    www.mamaarcher.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look at it this way: it's better than being a human tissue. Although, from time to time, that turns into a mom job too :-/



    http://www.ambientsolace.org

    ReplyDelete