Monday, February 18, 2008

There Was Not the Smallest Duty Left Undone

Catching up on all the stuff in my email inbox tonight, I came across an article that I get through Feedburner from Pulpit Magazine.  John MacArthur wrote about Paul and his success in this world as a follower of Christ.  Here's a blurb:


Facing his own imminent martyrdom, Paul had no fear, no despondency, and no desire to stay in this world. He longed to be with Christ and eagerly anticipated the reward He would receive in the next world. Therefore, as he reviewed the course of his life, he expressed no regret, no sense of unfulfillment, and no feeling of incompleteness. There was not the smallest duty left undone. He had finished the work the Lord gave him to do, just as in Acts 20:24 he had hoped and prayed he would do: “so that I may finish my race with joy.”


"There was not the smallest duty left undone."  That keeps pinging around my brain and makes me wanna pray that I will be faithful to what God has called me to.  Certainly NOTHING near as hard as what Paul went through.  As I told my Husband the other day, "I could wear my jammies all day if I wanted and it would be okay."  ;-)  I have it EASY!  But there are days like today, where everyone is grouchy and non-compliant and I FEEL as if I have something to complain about.  What a whiner!  So while I FEEL as if I deserve a break from the grind calling that God has placed on my life as a mother, I have to ask myself if there is even the smallest thing that I have left undone today as a result of my own bad attitude.  Youch!

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty heart piercing. Today has been one of those days so far. Now I need to examine my heart. Thank you for this great post.

    Mommy Reg

    mommyhoodadventures/blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete