Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Created for Work

No unwelcome tasks become any the less unwelcome by putting them off till tomorrow.  It is only when they are behind us and done, that we begin to find that there is a sweetness to be tasted afterwards, and that the remembrance of unwelcome duties unhesitatingly done is welcome and pleasant. Accomplished, they are full of blessing, and there is a smile on their faces as they leave us. Undone, they stand threatening and disturbing our tranquility, and hindering our communion with God.  If there be lying before you any bit of work from which you shrink, go straight up to it, and do it at once.  The only way to get rid of it is to do it. – Alexander MacLaren [1826-1910], Scottish preacher)


Not to mention that our children are watching us every moment.  They see the tasks we leave undone so we can go sit at the computer, or read a book, or.....


I mentioned to a close friend that I am constantly busy at home and the first thing off her tongue was that I needed to make time for myself.  It made me sad to hear that.  More than anything, I need to be encouraged to be more diligent.  We were created for work, and I believe our work can be enjoyable - down to the poopiest diaper - if only we would approach it with the appropriate attitude.  I struggle in this area!  God is faithful, though.  I constantly pray that He will give me the vision He has for my life as a mom and wife, and He keeps feeding me the passion I need to keep on keepin' on.


One of my biggest struggles is mending.  Darin has too many shirts that need buttons replaced!

No comments:

Post a Comment