Monday, November 3, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...

Outside my Window...it’s a bright, bright, sunshiny day, man.

I am thinking...that it’s good to be blogging again.  I took all of last week off and got a bunch of stuff done! Well, maybe not as much as other people might have gotten done, but compared to…….ummmmm…….someone who’s just been knocked unconscious???? I got a lot done.  I feel better.

From the learning rooms...plugging away!  Starting to turn a corner with Ben.  He wants to be a writer, so I’m doing all I can to encourage him.  He’s learning that writing is WORK.  We’re considering enrolling him in the Christian Writer’s Guild writing course for kids ages 13 and up (thanks, De’Etta).  It’s a big commitment, so we’re waiting to make sure he’s really serious.

I am thankful for...sleep.  Doesn’t it feel so good to sleep?  Love it.

From the kitchen...Marlboro Man’s Favorite Sandwich.  ;-)  I discovered this recipe last week, thanks to Farrel.  We loved it.  YUM.  I received a request for us to have it again this week.
It’s so easy to make…who am I to say no?



I am reading...World mag, St. Bartholomew’s Eve with Darin, Ishmael with Ben, Elsie’s Children with Lydia, and The Trojan War with Jack.  Henry loves the books we checked out from the library for him.  They are all by Donald Crews.  For a 2 year old boy, these books are the grooviest.  Titles such as Freight Train, Sail Away, Harbor, School Bus, Truck....you know exactly what I'm talking about.  I’ve got a couple other books that I'm reading on my own floating around the house.  If I ever get a minute and am in the same room with them, I try to get in a few pages.

I am hoping...for the election to turn out the way *I* want it.  ;-)  Darin and I voted early last week and the line was HUGE!  Usually when we vote early, we walk in, and there’s no waiting.  We each waited 40 minutes this time around.  One of the ladies who was working at the polling place said that 2,000 people had voted on every day of early voting.  Unheard of.

I am creating...lists!  One of the things I got done last week was to hang a big white board above my desk in the kitchen.  Every night I write down chores I need to get to, chores the kids need to get to, schoolwork they need to bring to me ASAP, kitchen cleaning assignments…..whatever we need to put there to be sure we accomplish.  It helped so much!  I tried carrying around a little notebook with the same info, but it didn’t have the same effect as the white board does, since everyone can see it.  What’s so funny is that the kids kept asking me, “Mom did you do blah-be-de-blah yet??”  I had to draw a line at nagging me to get my stuff done just so they could have the joy of crossing it off.  ;-)

I am hearing...Jack pretending to be a character from The Lord of the Rings, spoons in bowls.  Cheerios this morning.

Around the house...I got so much laundry done last week, but the fun never ends in that department.  Ben is staining the shelves we bought at the unfinished furniture place and he’s taking longer than I wanted, so *I* will be nagging him this week.  ;-)  I’m ready to move stuff into it!  My new favorite piece of furniture is definitely shelves.   

One of my favorite things...sleep.  I already mentioned that, didn’t I….

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...nothing this week, but staying home where we will stay busy!  I’m always amazed at all the work and play we can create for ourselves here on our little suburban plot.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
I can never get these boys to stop rough housing.  God bless 'em.




To visit other Daybook entries, go HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are having a wonderful week! I have been wanting to try those sandwiches. They look delicious!

    ~Kelli

    www.kellishouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. JacqueDixonSoulRestESNovember 8, 2008 at 7:53 PM

    Great Daybook. I enjoyed reading about your day.

    I love the picture. It is occasionally annoying, but, oh so good! to see our boys rough-housing!


    blessings, Jacque

    ReplyDelete