Monday, November 17, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...

Outside my window... sun and cool temperatures.

I am thinking... It seems there is always so much to do and I constantly think of all those little chores that so easily pile up, but God always brings me back to where I’m supposed to be when I hear the voices of my kids.  It’s hard to swallow the pride I feel in a perfectly clean house as I make the kids the priority.  I constantly pray for God to give me His vision for what He wants me to do, and the kids are it.  
J

From the learning rooms...OH MY GOODNESS.  I ordered the History Through the Ages Timeline Figures on CD-Rom and LOVE IT.  I’ve been waiting my entire homeschooling career for such a groovy resource.  What I love best about it is that I can make the figures any size I want.  And I love that I can print out as many of the figures as I need.  And I love that I can pick and choose who I want to print.  What is not to love about this thing???

I am thankful for...answered prayer about my sister-in-law’s mother, Darin is recovering from a nasty cold he had last week and no one else seems to be catching it, our warm, warm house.

From the kitchen...I promised Darin I would make him more Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies sometime this week.  Jack took the last of what we had to give to his pals at Awana.

I am reading...Still the same things with each member of the family that I have been.  Lots of other books and mags on the side.  I should go through every room of the house and make a list and try to get what I’ve started finished!

I am hoping...that I can not sweat the small stuff this week.  God is in control.

I am creating...order for Ben.  Getting ready some new school things for him.

Around the house...we will be canceling our cable t.v. this week.  Normally I would be rejoicing over this since I never really wanted it to begin with, but somehow I’ve come to appreciate its benefits and don’t want to give it up.  But we’re cutting corners in the budget and t.v. is really the only “extra” we have to cut.

One of my favorite things...thinking about how God has given us our daily work not to weigh us down with a burden, but to make our lives interesting and fulfilling.   

A few plans for the rest of the week...need to set-up a date for a friend and her son to come over to watch a show on NASA with us – a neat show we were able to record because of our CABLE TV.  sigh.  ;-)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Who wants to do school when there is so much fun to be had with potholder loops????
-From February, 2008



To read more Daybook entries, go HERE.

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog today and so enjoyed reading it. I understand completely what you said about pride in a clean house. I am the same way but the Lord reminds me daily that my children are more important than some clutter and a little dust. I really enjoyed reading through some of your other posts, you are a very talented writer.


    I am hosting a new meme tomorrow (Tuesday) all about Christmas toys. I'd be delighted if you'd like to join in. www.atshoresend.com


    Blessings

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. JacqueDixonSoulRestESNovember 18, 2008 at 8:48 AM

    LOVE YOUR NEW LOOK! and it may not be so new to you, but it is to me, and I really like it! Pretty background img!


    Prayers for you and your family to be healthy as the winter weather approaches. Prayers also for you as you walk in His plans! I know it is best, but sometimes letting go is not so easy!

    I think I have given up living in a perfect house. It can be spotless, and then ds goes to the cupboard above the stove and rips off the cabinet door on accident. sigh.

    LOL - such is life.

    Without all of these little things, life would be really unfulfilling and quite boring!


    great photo! ha! That would be something I don't care if they lose. I think I will have Amanda get me a bag!


    blessings~

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can recall making dozens of potholders growing up. I didn't even know there were any other kinds of potholders until I was probably a teenager. I think my mom made potholders for everyone for Christmas for years and years!

    ReplyDelete