Sunday, November 12, 2006

Proverbs 18:19

"A brother offended is harder to win than a strong city,


And contentions are like the bars of a castle."


 


The notes in my MacArthur Study Bible say, "There are no feuds as difficult to resolve as those with  relatives; no barriers are so hard to bring down.  Hence, great care should be taken to avoid such conflicts."


 


Who hasn't experienced this???  I see it in my kids every day, and have felt the pain of it myself with my own brothers and sister at one time or another. 


 


PRAY for your children.  PRAY that they will not EVER develop a rift that is too wide to cross to each other.  Their relationship as brothers and sisters will make or break their relationships with everyone else with which they will come into contact.


 


I like to pray using Proverbs 16:24.  It says,


"Pleasant words are like a honeycomb,


Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones."


I will say, "God, I pray that my children will understand that 'pleasant words to each other are like a honeycomb that will provide sweetness to the souls and health to the bones of each other."


 


Do know that prayers like this aren't always answered in a week's time.  It may take years to see the fruit of a prayer like this, but God is faithful and will answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment