Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Oyve

So I'm just going to stop posting here.  ;-)  Everytime I post on something "meaningful?" it comes right back around to bite me.  In my last post, I wrote about how techonolgy is a potential character-killer for our kids, and how we're not watching t.v. for the month of July (big, BIG sacrifice since there's no hockey or football on, but it's a start, eh?) and lo and behold, this weekend, the Verizon dude came to our door for a "service check."  No really, I'm sure that Verizon is sincere............and the Dude was really, really very nice. 


I usually leave conversations like this up to my husband to conduct, and as he was talking with the Dude, he found out that we could get our t.v. hooked back up to the world of a thousand channels for only 5 bucks more than we have already been paying.  We haven't had anything other than our free antenna-inspired t.v. for about four years now, and I've been happy.  It's just been harder on the men of the family because they've had to miss an occaisional hockey or football game, so when the Dude let my husband in on the 5 dollar deal, well, you could have heard his "REALLY??????!!!!!!!!!!!!" all through the neighborhood.  Next was, "Becca!  Come listen to this!" 


So we are now scheduled to be hooked up to the juice on July 17th - First Son's birthday.  He's thrilled.  My husband is thrilled, and Second Son is thrilled.  My daughter doesn't seem to care too much, Third Son has no clue, and me......well, all I can say is "Oyve."

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That sounds exactly like something that would happen in our house. I would love to be TV free but the rest of the family is just not on board. I guarantee that if someone came to our door offering a great deal like that dh would jump on it.

    ReplyDelete