Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Pregnancy Update

I had a sonogram yesterday.  This is what we in our family impatiently wait for from the beginning of the pregnancy.  Especially this time.  With three boys and only one girl, man, the pressure was on!  And yes, I told the kids that it is Daddy's contribution that determines the s-x of the baby.  There.  Less pressure on ME!  LoL


We make the sonogram a family affair, so all of us piled into my doctor's office yesterday, along with my niece.  We created quite a stir and had just about everyone in the waiting room asking, "Are they all yours?"  After we would claim our niece as our niece, they would look at the remaining kids, count, and then say, "So this is your FIFTH?"  If they only knew that we would take more if God decides to bless us this way!!!!!


First Son, a.k.a. Mr. Manager, kept track of the time with his watch.  We arrived five minutes early for the appointment, and as each of those five minutes ticked away, he let us know how much time we had before we were called.  When we were on the last minute before the appointment time, we got the update every 15 seconds.  Imagine all the kids expecting for the door to be opened and my name called at exactly 10:15 and it not happening.  My Husband and I warned them, but did they listen????  Noooooo.  We had another 15 minute wait ahead of us and Mr. Manager kept us informed of how late the doctor was until we were finally called. 


We took a poll on the way to the doctor's office and there were four votes for a boy, and only two for a girl.  My daughter and I voted "boy" just because we felt the odds were stacked against a girl.  First and Second Sons voted "boy" because, well, they wanted a boy.  My niece voted "girl" because she wanted us to have a girl, and my Husband voted "girl" because he LOVES the name we had picked out for a girl.  I'm sure Third Son would have voted "boy" if he could - he is ALL boy, and I'm sure would have loved to wrestle around with a younger bro.


I have to say, our sonogram tech is the same woman who did First Son's sonogram over 12 years ago.  The experience shows because during the sonogram, she would say, "There's the two kidneys."  or "Look here at the bladder."  We would all squint and lean in to try to get a better view, but it sure looked like blobby static  to us!  But the shot of the baby we were all looking for was perfectly, perfectly clear.  This baby is a girl!!!!  My daughter and niece were sharing a chair and were squeezing each other to death during the entire sonogram until that time.  Then they did what they had practiced in the car - they let out HUGE, silent screams.  We were all excited.  This baby is such a blessing to our family.  God is so good.


It's kinda interesting......I come from a family of six kids.  Only two girls.  My older sister is nine years older than me, just like my daughter is nine years older than her little sister.  And this new baby girl is the 5th, and I am the 5th!  Wonderful omen, in my opinion.  My sister was always so good to her little sister and I'm expecting that history will repeat itself with my two girls.

2 comments:

  1. I guess you can start buying pink things now! Glad to hear the great news!


    Yvonne :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just popping in to say HI.

    Congrats on the new girlie.When my mother was pregnant with my sister ( I have 3 brothers also) I told her I was going to run away if it turned out to be another brother. On the day my little sister was born I jumped up and down for joy when I found out she arrived in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete