Sunday, July 29, 2007

Uncool

A lot of people talk about how homeschooling is so kewl because they, the parent, are getting a second chance at an education they never had.  I second that wholeheartedly!  What was it about nouns and adverbs that couldn't be absorbed into my poor head back in......ummmmm........I barely even remember what grades I studied grammar, but you know what I mean.  ;-)


While we are learning academics along with our kids, my Husband and I are learning a few other things as well.  One of the least flattering would be our attitude towards certain kids.  And the amazing thing, is that this attitude is really only towards kids, not adults.  I'm embarrassed to admit it........


Okay.  My son has this friend.  Sweet, sweet, SWEET boy!  Really, there can never be any complaints about this boy's behavior at all.  He's just a good kid.  But you know, if we were in public school, this kid would be an outcast.  He's sweet, he's just not COOL.  My husband and I have discovered that we still have the leftovers of our Public School Personality Files in which we place the friends of our kids, or really, any kid that happens across our paths as we navigate through life.  Ugh.  We are thankful that it doesn't seem as if our kids have picked up on this nasty habit so far.....but then I think to myself, "Does that mean that MY son is uncool, and that's why he has this friend?????"  How pathetic and UNCOOL is that?  Lots to work on and pray through - it's LITERALLY not all about academics, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment