Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fireplace Joy

So.....


Riding high on the inspiration that Mrs. Wilt of The Sparrow's Nest gave me with her pretty fireplace mantle, I decided to use today, which is our regular craft day, to organize the kids in giving a hand in the facelift.  I can only be homemade-crafty after a lot of planning beforehand.  I'm very high maintenance in that way - crafts have a tendency to wig me out!  I would much rather read a book. 


After Third Son's nap, we loaded up in the Suburban and headed to Hobby Lobby.  Great idea, Mom!  ;-)  Everything was 40-50% off.  I gave the kids and myself 5 bucks each to spend.  Here is what we came up with:



As you can see, the kids have a thing for scarecrows.  We all love it.  It's such a nice change from the disorganized mess that used to be camped out on the mantle.  As we sat in the living room before the kids went to bed tonight, we just sat and stared and admired our cheesy scarecrows from Hobby Lobby.  First Son's question was what we will put there in December, and then in the Spring - that's my boy.  Always thinking ahead.


Thank you, Mrs. Wilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment