Saturday, September 1, 2007

Latin

I haven't pushed learning languages on my kids because I just don't have the time to do it.  Back when First Son was in Second Grade, we started learning Greek, but the program we were using was very teacher-intensive and as the other kids started schooling I just couldn't squeeze it in. 


Imagine my stress levels as First Son, now 12, announced that he's ready to study Latin!  My first thought was, "I have no idea when I can do that with him."  But I told him I would investigate, so this afternoon I went to my favorite homeschooler's site.  Trivium Pursuit.  They recommend Artes Latinae.  I was oh-so-glad to read that it is a totally self-paced, self-learning program. There is a book version or a CD-Rom version of this program.  Knowing my son, the CD-Rom version would be the best choice.  The only thing is that it is a hefty 297 bucks on the Bluedorn's site.  Youch!!!!  So I've been searching for some feedback on this program.  I can only consider laying out that kind of cash because the likelihood of our other kids using the program is good. 


So, if you're interested, here are some links I've found that give some feedback on the program.  And if YOU are using this program with your kids, please let me know EXACTLY what you think!  :-)


Latin Programs (reviews of more than just A.L.
Learning Latin at Home with Artes Latinae
From our friends at TOS
Cathy Duffy Reviews
Homeschool Chrisitian
- - there is a broken link to a Demo of A.L. on this page.  This is the correct link.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the links. We are learning French but have considered latin too.


    God bless,

    Sallie

    http://www.angelfire.com/sc/anderklan/blahblahblog

    ReplyDelete