Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My Girl

Last night I went to a Mom's Night Out at Starbucks.  As usual, a thousand different topics came up.  All of us there had daughters, and we started talking about them.  Specifically their seeming quest to fit in more than their fair share of words each day.  ;-)  God bless 'em.


One of the Moms started talking about how her daughter is sometimes very difficult.  Stubborn, opinionated, & etc.  It hit me like a tidal wave that OH MY GOODNESS, Second Daughter, due in December might very well be just like that! 


Big pregnancy DUH moment.


First Daughter is definitely strong-willed, but at heart, is as soft as they come.  She is SO SWEET.  She has a real desire to serve those around her - especially her Mom and Dad.  She has never been one to throw herself on the floor to throw a fit.  She gets over her issues with my Husband and me quickly.  When she gets a spanking, all she can think of is making things right with us.  On and on.  She is really a blessing.  I guess during this pregnancy, I only thought of Second Daughter in the same light as First Daughter.  First Daughter has been around for a good nine years.  I'm used to her ways. 


So just who IS this Little Petunia who is going to come along in December and interupt our groove?  I can't even begin to imagine her personality at this point, but she is already a blessing to our family and really, I am truly thankful for her future arrival and the opportunity to be her Mom.....as long as she doesn't rock the boat TOO much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment