Monday, June 9, 2008

Exercise Challenge

Moms of Many Exercise Challenge

So all last week I worked on getting rid of the piles on my desk.  I actually have two desks.  One in the kitchen, and another in our office.  I'm not usually a "piles" kinduvagal.  I usually like to take care of every last scrap of paper right away, but life stepped up a notch when our precious, squishable, SWEET, baby girl was born in December.  Look at how cute she is.  Talk about a little fatty!  LOL!


Anyway....I did work through the piles, and now have new piles, but my mind is at rest, knowing that the old piles are gone.  Hopefully the new piles won't turn into old piles - I'm very optimistic.


Last night I got back to work with exercising.  I bought a new Leslie Sansone video.  It has a 4 mile power walk as well as a more intense jog/walk, and I love it.  It's a good, hard workout.  I was majorly sweating and had a stitch in my side and it was great.  I really do enjoy exercising.  I like Kristy's idea of setting a weekly goal for miles walked.  I'm not sure I could walk as many miles as she does in a week.  How many miles are you walking each week, Kristy?  26????  I think I would do well to get in 16.  I'm going to give it a whirl this week.


Rebbekkah (stop by her blog and congratulate her on her pregnancy!  We're all hoping for a girl!) is challenging her kids to keep moving this summer.  I've been doing the same with mine.  I've added exercising into their school schedules and they love it.  They even do one of the easier Leslie Sansone workouts since it's getting so hot outside.  Other things they are doing is jogging around the block, First Son goes on a daily 1 - 2 mile bike ride, swimming, and then we all go on a bike ride together at least once a week.  I've found that getting my kids exercising is one of the easiest ways for me to get in some exercise during the week because I usually do it with them. 


Sign-in with Mr. Linky so we can all stop by and say howdy!  Leave a comment so I'll know you were here.


OH!  And while you're here, leave me a comment HERE so I can enter your name in the FREE Vision Forum Giveaway!!!  How can you pass it up?  ;-)


 


7 comments:

  1. I got 25 miles in last week. I am going to hover at that for awhile. The time involved getting all those miles in is difficult. Last week I got all my miles in but I also had a rough time nibbling on food. Ugh, seemed like I was always 'cheating' on some type of food. Still I've lost 19 lbs but I need to regroup and fight back on the nibbling.

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. on whittling down your piles. LOL


    I love that Leslie video you have. I've taken to doing her 4 major steps in the pool when the kids are in. Two birds with one stone...the littles one see it as playing and I'm getting some extra minutes of exercise in. LOL


    Thanks again for hosting this challenge.


    De'Etta


    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic is too cute! I have a Leslie Sansone that has 1, 2 and 3 miles, but I have yet to tackle the 3 miles. Maybe that should be my goal this week! Have a good one. Julie http://funinthesunmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you got what you wanted accomplished last week. Hope this one is profitable too.


    Oh, can you remind me where I can buy the CLO from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness--look at those eyes. She looks like Jack!!!!! Sweet baby girl!!!!


    A stitch in the side means you're really working it!! LOL! Good job...and on the piles. ;-) Remember when we decluttered that kitchen!!! LOL.


    I was going to do the Fitness Challenge with the boys today but my nausea kicked in--we did it outside and it was so HOT! Anyway- I posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're baby girl is beautiful!!!! If you've stopped by my blog in the last week, you already know we are having a girl!!!! We are so excited! That makes oldest & youngest both girls & three boys in between!!!

    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. diamondsintheroughJune 16, 2008 at 7:04 AM

    Hi Becca, I'm back! Your baby is Beoootiful. But I think we have the same gene for thighs, lol! What a cutie.

    I am so sorry I missed your giveaway. :o( See what I get for not checking in? (I never win, either, lol!)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete