Monday, June 23, 2008

Exercise Challenge

Moms of Many Exercise Challenge

I walked 11 1/2 miles last week.  Coulda been more, but this whole process is good for me.  I am one of those impatient people who wants to see results right away.  I want to be able to exercise a lot while keeping up with five children, a husband, and a house that is going through a lot of repair work right now.  It's just not possible.  My first reaction is to chide myself for not working harder for it, but I realize that's unrealistic!  As much as I would like to be SuperGirl, in reality, there is no such thing as SuperGirl.  So this exercising thing has been a great exercise in teaching me to CHILL OUT!  ;-)


If you think of me during the week, say a huge prayer for me and my wee two year old.  We've begun potty training starting this morning.  I pulled out the ol' "if you go potty on the toilet, I"ll give you an M&M" trick.  He didn't get it at first and immediately asked for the candy.  Then when I said he had to make REAL potty on the toilet first, he had a huge meltdown and refused to put his pull-up back on.  He's running around behind me right now with nothing on but his jammy shirt.


Sign-in with Mr. Linky and leave a comment so I'll know you were here!  To read more about this challenge, go HERE.


6 comments:

  1. Wow. Time has gone by so fast! I can't even see sweet lil' Henry throwing a fit...sweet boy. ;-)


    Good job on the miles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that was me. I thought I was signed in.


    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job!!


    Kristy

    I will have my post up in a min

    ReplyDelete
  4. diamondsintheroughJune 23, 2008 at 6:41 AM

    I'm not updating this week, Becca, but wanted to let you know I am still at it. I am thankful for this challenge! Do I get an M&M for going potty, too? I am on water pills, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I wanted to tell you that your blogging on excercise has motivated me to exercise again. You know that I've been into that before but I had to give it up for a while because it was becoming the center of my world, an idol. So now that I've been on a 6 month sabbatical I feel like God is telling me it's OK to get back into it again...but with a different mind set. I've been walking now for 2 weeks and I actually won a 2 month membership at Private Workout here in Flower Mound so I've been using that too. I tell you I feel so much better! Thank you for the reminder and motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, that last post was from me I just forgot to type that in. Oh and if you see me walking around town, honk! :-)

    ReplyDelete