Monday, July 28, 2008

Exercise Challenge

Moms of Many Exercise Challenge

Man, this blog is quiet!  ;-)  I do think about it every now and then.......hopefully life is about to slow down for us and I'll be able to get back into a groove - you know, actually make a PLAN for my time, rather than just run from one fire to another....


ANYWAY.....With life slowing down at work for my husband, Darin, I am sorta catching back up with a lot of things (no, not laundry) and exercise is one of them.  I walked only a mere 3 miles this past week, but it's certainly better than the last few weeks of nothing!  I am really looking forward to getting back into a routine with it.  Ya know when you're working out and you feel so fit, even if you're not dropping even one pound?  At least I feel that way.  It also goes the opposite way with me.  When I'm not working out I feel extra flabby.  So more than anything, I want to stop feeling that way.  Bleh.


I know we've all been off our normal routines with fun summer stuff going on.  I hope you guys are getting back into your routines with exercise as well!  Sign-in with Mr. Linky and let me know you were here!


To read about this challenge, go HERE.


8 comments:

  1. Becca,

    I had a couple of weeks without working out and I DO know what you are describing. I DO feel "fit" even if I'm not losing after working out.


    Many of us are wondering where our summer's went. LOL


    De'Etta

    ReplyDelete
  2. My summer of slacking is over! I'm back on the bandwagon. Thanks for the challenge and the opportunity to be held accountable. Julie http://funinthesunmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting my post up now.


    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,


    I must have typed my address wrong in slot #3 cause the link does not work. Can you delete that, for me?

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Julie!


    Kristy, I will delete that link as soon as I can figure out how to do it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. diamondsintheroughJuly 28, 2008 at 6:15 AM

    What about when you feel flabby both working out AND when you're not?? Almost gave up today, but I went anyway. Keep encouraging me... please!! By the way, the scale DID lie, I did NOT lose 7 lbs, or if I did, it is back. I am sad. :o(

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becca, the points chart I'm using is a spreadsheet that a friend made....it's very cool. I can send it if you'll sendme your email address. She created it with formulas on the web etc....you can input the calories, fat grams, fiber grams of any item and it gives you the points.....you input your age, gender, activity level, weight and it tells you how many point to aim for in a day. I really PRAY that I can go to WW sometime in the near future...but this allowed me to get started now. LOL


    De'Etta

    ReplyDelete
  8. diamondsintheroughJuly 30, 2008 at 6:47 PM

    Becca, no, I didn't shoot the scale -- what a good idea!

    And yes, I'd love to go for a walk with you anywhere, even Texas, lol. (My third daughter was born in Austin.)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete