Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kitchen Fun

I made the mistake of calling my parents while I was fixing dinner tonight.  Fixing dinner around here is not a quiet affair.  I was in charge of the quiche, and my daughter was in charge of the biscuits.  Our 2 year old was interested in the biscuit making, and our 7 month old usually just wants to be wherever most of us are, so I spent half the time on my phone with my parents saying, "What did you say?"  Or "Henry!  Put down the egg and walk away!"  Or "I'm sorry, Mom.  Hold on a second....."  ugh.  ;-)  My Dad said he was trying to picture all of us in the kitchen trying to work around all the commotion, so I took pictures....
Here is our stylish biscuit maker in her Starbucks apron and what she called her chef's hat.


After awhile, we finally diverted our biscuit apprentice to some water in the sink with a dinosaur and Goliath.
Here's Lydia cutting out her biscuits.  Me, being the control freak I am, I HAD to ask her why she just didn't cut out the biscuits in circles, like *I* do.  HA!  The Christmas cookie cutters are so much more fun.  ;-)


Here's our cutie patootie that followed us everywhere we went in the kitchen.  I think she's chewing on a stopper from a sippy cup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment