Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Habit

I'm a huge reader and also love listening to sermons on my iPod.  Because I read and listen to so much, I sometimes....well, pretty much most of the time, forget where I've heard/read a good piece of info.  The latest thing that is running through my head is, "If you have to brag about something you've done, then you obviously don't do it enough."  Ouch!  ;-)  I THINK I read this in Stepping Heavenward.


So I've really started listening to myself and have found that like a kitty with a dead mole, I bring my finished chores to my husband for him to praise me.  And it's always the ones that I'm constantly behind on.  Like laundry.  Every time I get two or three loads done in one day, I let my husband know.  And like a good husband, he says, "Woohoo!" 


So I'm trying to break this habit of pointing out the times that I do something that I should have been doing all along.  Really, bragging about my finished projects at all.  It's my goal to do my job and let that be the end.  It's hard cause I like to get a pat on the back, but then I remember Solomon's wise words,

"When pride comes, then comes shame;
      But with the humble is wisdom." Proverbs 11:2

No comments:

Post a Comment