Monday, August 25, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my Window...are the new fence posts my husband put in about a month ago before the Town of Flower Mound contacted us and told us that if we are replacing our fence posts, we are required to get a permit.  After all the red tape, we finally have our permit as of today.  Hopefully this weekend Darin and the boys will be able to get the fence up!

I am thinking...that today has been a hard day.  We found out that our home owner’s insurance will not cover the damage from our busted hot water pipe to our kitchen floor or counters. 

From the learning rooms...we school year round, so we don’t follow the normal cycle of finishing and starting back up.  But Ben and Lydia are both excited about new things coming their way soon!  I ordered The Greek Huppogrammon and The Greek Alphabetarion from the Bluedorn’s at Trivium Pursuit for Ben over the weekend.  He has gone back and forth over what language he wanted to study, and finally settled on Greek.  

Lydia is looking forward to a new math program.  I ordered the 5th grade level of Teaching Textbooks for her at the end of last week.


I am thankful for...my husband, Darin, who can find something funny in every situation. 

From the kitchen...pureed some plums for Sophia this afternoon.  They are freezing in ice cube trays right now.  I love to make my own baby food. 


I created what I call an All-Request Menu for dinner this week.  I ask everyone what they wanted for dinner to make up the menu.  It’s great for those weeks when making a menu seems like more than my brain can handle.  ;-)  Tonight we had Jack’s choice….Potato Chowder, Cheesy Cornbread Muffins and fruit salad.  YUM.

I am reading...Catherine, Called Birdy.  This is from Ben’s curriculum.  I don’t like this one too much.  So far, Birdy is the total opposite of what we are teaching our sons and daughters that a young lady should be – she’s not a great example.


I’m also reading OmKasToe from Lydia’s curriculum.  I’ve read this one before, when Ben was working through this level of Sonlight.  


Darin and I are reading a Henty novel together.  St. Bartholomew’s Eve.


I am hoping...and praying that somehow we will be able to replace our kitchen floor and cabinets soon.

I am creating...a plan to learn how to sew.  I bought some fabric and a pattern for a skirt thinking I could figure it out on my own.  But looking at the pattern has me confused, so I’ve emailed a long-time pal with an SOS.

I am hearing...Darin read a Little Bear book to Henry.

Around the house...there’s always so much to do.  Laundry is usually piled up in my bedroom.  I keep the ironing in the living room and do a bit here and there when I see time to do so.  My biggest task this week is getting school things and my desk organized once again.

One of my favorite things...is being here at home with Ben, Lydia, Jack, Henry and Sophia.  I can’t imagine what I would do if I couldn’t be with them every day. Laundry seems like a poor substitute for my babes.


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...the plumber will be here in the morning to begin repairs on our leaking hot water pipe.  We’ll also go to the chiropractor in the morning for our weekly adjustments.  Not making any other plans since I don’t know what the pipe repairs will entail.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

3 comments:

  1. What a fun post! And Henry lookin' so stinkin' adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe what a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost hear a few giggles going on too. Thanks for stopping by. It was nice to be awakened. I was awful slow getting to you. What a pretty picture into your day you painted.

    ReplyDelete