Sunday, August 3, 2008

Back in the Exercise Challenge Again

What a great song.  Love the oldies and goodies.  And it's a perfect song for me this week cause I am truly back into the exercising groove.  I did plan on just walking one mile every night, for a total of seven miles each week, but the I ran into this link.  Here's the part that got me moving more than I planned: The  study found

that after 2 years women lost an average of 5% of initial weight with no significant difference between the exercise groups. However, about a 25% of women who lost 10% of their initial weight loss reported to exercise an average of 1,835 calories per week, which represent 275 minutes per week. If you divide this amount by five days you get an amount of exercise of 55 minutes per day (5 days a week).

Moms of Many Exercise Challenge

I read it on Friday night, and on Saturday I got started.  I worked out with my Cindy Crawford DVD which is about a 40 minute workout.  Then I did a 2-milk walk with Leslie Sansone, which was 30 minutes.  My legs were sore on Sunday, but I grabbed my husband and we did the 4-mile walk with Leslie, which is about 60 minutes. 

It occurred to me that the only two ladies to report any weight loss are doing this kind of exercising.  De'Etta figures her exercising in minutes achieved, and Kristy works out with Leslie Sansone, using her longer walks, which are an hour or more.  So there it is.  We have to move more!  To fit this in, I've had to make a schedule for my evenings and am gonna have to be super-disciplined about it to be able to get the exercise in with all the other chores I have to get to while the kids are in bed.  No more aimless floating around.....I REALLY wanna lose this weight!!!

Sign-in with Mr. Linky and leave a comment so you were here!  I'm excited to hear from you all this week!  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hi

    I made it 18 miles last week. I am however, finding it harder to discipline, or rather rediscipline myself in eating right. So hard to get back 'on the wagon' once you fall off. But today is a new day and I am not giving up!

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you make an excellent point, Becca. I mean, those people on Biggest Loser and other shows like that exercise tons! Hope you have a great week. Julie http://funinthesunmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. diamondsintheroughAugust 6, 2008 at 6:54 PM

    I know this is true. And it is so sad, isn't it? I have been doing 30 minutes a day for four months for nothing?? A friend of mine has a personal trainer who told her that the key to an effective exercise plan is 30 minutes of weight-bearing exercise plus 30 minutes of aerobic exercise, four days a week. That sounds pretty close to your info, Becca. I don't think I want it that bad, lol!

    ReplyDelete