Friday, June 12, 2009

The More the Merrier

Gretchen, the woman who interviewed me for the Quiverfull article she was writing for a paper in the Middle East, told me she would let me know when the article was written and posted.  She never did, so I went online tonight to see if I could find it.  I did.  I didn't really like the article.  To me, it's just another instance of someone not "getting it."  Anyway, here ya go....


More the merrier for Christian movement


Gretchen Peters, Foreign Correspondent



  • Last Updated: April 26. 2009 10:38PM UAE / April 26. 2009 6:38PM GMT


DENVER // When the author and conservative Christian sage Nancy Campbell advises her followers to “be fruitful and multiply”, she means it.

Mrs Campbell, a mother of six and a grandmother to 34, is a leading light in the Quiverfull community, a growing conservative Christian sect that calls on its adherents to forgo birth control and produce large families.

“Psalm 127 says children are the heritage of the Lord,” she said, quoting the biblical verse that gives the Quiverfull lifestyle its name: “As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man, are sons born in a man’s youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them.”

Mrs Campbell, a New Zealander who lives in Tennessee, believes US society, where the average couple bears just 1.8 children, has strayed far from God’s intended path.

“Contraception and limiting family size has not strengthened the family, which was the strength of our nation,” she said in a telephone interview. “Now I think many people are opening their eyes, opening their hearts and seeing what is right for families.”


READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment