Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mama's Kisses

I love having so many different ages in the house.  Our kids our 13, 10, 8, 3 and 1.  We're missing the fun 4-6 age, but that's a whole other story that you can read HERE.


Yesterday our 8 year old came into the house from the backyard pouting and limping.  He came over to the couch and sat down next to me, making little whimpering sounds.  I took the bait.

"What happened?"
"I hurt my knee." I investigated.  It was this little thing, the size of a pinprick. 
"How did you do that?"
"I don't know."  I held in my giggle.
"Do you want me to kiss it?"

And here is where he melted my heart.  He did that thing where he tries to hide his smile but doesn't really succeed because he's so happy he just got what he really wanted.  SWEET!  I kissed his knee and he said, "You don't know.  That really helps me."  Then he got up and went back outside.


OH MY GOODNESS.  That boy knows how to melt his Mama's heart.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment