Sunday, March 2, 2008

Exercise Challenge, Week 3


Don't you wish it were this easy to exercise?  They look like they're having so much fun.


As with all Type-A, All-or-Nothing kinda gals, I have burned out on the five day a week exercising.  There's just too much to be done around here for me to exercise so much, so I've toned things down a bit.  I'm now exercising every other day so that the day I don't exercise I can get caught up on school stuff, cleaning, and watching "Lost" with my husband.  Really, I wasn't much interested in the show until this year - I've just been watching it for a reason to hang out with my husband.  But this year it's interesting!  Hopefully they'll actually take all the strange stuff they're doing and DO something with it - if you watch "Lost" and know what I mean.  ;-)


No weight loss for me this week.  I was wined and dined by my children this week.  First Son won a Starbucks gift card at AWANA so he took his Mama out for a treat on Tuesday night.  I had my Venti, Breve, 10-Pump Chai AND a Rice Krispy Treat.  GAG!  We both wanted to go home and make ourselves puke after that!  Newman O's (organic Oreos) on Friday, and then a trip to LaMadeleine with First Daughter on Saturday.  I am SUCH a piggy!  So while I did well with the exercising, I totally bombed on the food thing. 


SO....


This week, I'm going to get the exercising AND food thing under control. 
Moms of Many Exercise Challenge


Let me know when you've posted your updates!  Sign-in with Mr. Linky and leave me a comment.  :-)


 


10 comments:

  1. Well, last week we went to the Y twice. The first time I did a terrain cycle on the treadmill. 45 minutes later I'd accomplished nearly 3 miles, and 300 vertical feet. The second time I wasn't feeling so well. I only walked for 30 minutes and about 1.5 miles.


    In the food department I'm working on controlling portions and eating breakfast every day. Speaking of which... better go pour a bowl of cereal :)


    ~kjl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca,


    I'm glad you're doing this. Yep...food and exercising the double whammy isn't it? LOL


    I really hate working out - pretty much - but have recently been having quite a few health issues that all point to working out MORE than I was....your challenge helps to make it fun. LOL


    De'Etta

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes a couple of weeks to form habits right? Well hopefully this week I can maintain some weight-lifting :)


    Thanks for the encouragement!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I GAINED a pound this week. That stinks! But I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I guess I just keep on keeping on. :( Thanks for doing this I need help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for dropping by and commenting. This challenge is really benefiting me. I haven't done so well so far but if it wasn't for these Monday posts, I would probably be doing nothing at all. :-/


    And to the question you asked, I posted a reply but to save you going back, here 'tis:

    "Becca, I think that's how it use to be but that law was changed a long, long time ago. I vaguely remember the movie Green Card. You have to be interviewed but I don't know of anyone that's been interviewed like in that movie. Maybe they do that if they have reason to suspect the marriage is a fraud. -- You don't sound like a moron - just someone who hasn't had to deal with this particular immigration issue ;) -- And I know, I do have a great husband. I'm so miserable though. I too often take him for granted."


    I appreciate all you ladies! When I lose this bicycle tire - I'll have you all to thank ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. diamondsintheroughMarch 3, 2008 at 4:07 PM

    Okay I'm here but my update isn't worth going to this week! :o(

    ReplyDelete
  7. diamondsintheroughMarch 3, 2008 at 4:19 PM

    Whoops! Thanks, Becca, for the encouragement, but I posted after you commented... or it got mixed up somehow.

    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/diamondsintherough/491952/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally messed up yesterday since the family wanted homemade chocolate chip cookies.

    Not good...

    I'm glad i'm not the only one who has to start anew! :-)

    We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A little late, but I finally posted my update from last week! Thanks for giving us a forum for sharing both defeats and victories in this arena.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,


    I hope to join your exercise challenge in a few months...post-baby. I have to laugh because I'm also a type A all of the way. That is why I had to go to classes last time to stay motivated. The hard part is when you're tired. I think for me the warmer months will be easier as I can at least walk.


    Thanks for your comment. I think that we all have areas like that in which we struggle? Mine is more of everyday trials and extended family problems.


    God Bless, Pam

    ReplyDelete