Sunday, April 20, 2008

Exercise Challenge

Moms of Many Exercise Challenge

So we found a Chick-Fil-A waffle fry in our car, smashed down between the seats.  No telling how long it's been there, and it's still its original golden-yellow color.  No signs of it turning just yet.  We've put it in the cup holder in front to observe it and see if it ever goes bad.  It's too bad I had to come across that YouTube video because it was nice living in ignorance about how bad fast food can really be for us.


In other news....someone who joined the challenge at the beginning mentioned that she works out with Leslie Sansone videos.  I love workout videos because they allow me to workout at any time of day without having to leave the house.  When I was at Target the other day, I browsed the workout videos and came across Leslie Sansone.  I remembered reading about her, the blurb on the videos sounded interesting, so I bought one.  I really like it!  My husband works out with me.  He's not to crazy about her....he says she reminds him of Miss Patty Cake.  Anyone ever see Miss Patty Cake?  I think it's been awhile since he's seen Miss Patty Cake because Leslie Sansone is not anywhere near being as annoying as Miss Patty Cake.  It's actually very hard for anyone to be annoying as Miss Patty Cake.  God bless her.  ANYWAY....It's a nice change of pace from the Cindy Crawford workout I've been doing, and while browsing on her website this weekend, I found a 10-Day Challenge.  Basically, you follow a specific meal plan, workout after each meal so you can work off the meal and after 10 days, you're supposed to be much lighter.  Well, duh!  ;-)  Working out three times a day will tend to do that to a person, ya?  LOL!  Goodness knows I don't have time to workout three times a day, but I am going to follow her meal plan and workout as much as possible.  Can't hurt! 


I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys this week!  Sign-in with Mr. Linky and leave a comment so I'll know you've been here.  If this is your first time here, check out the details of the Exercise Challenge HERE.


 


12 comments:

  1. Becca, the way I understood the program from the dvd's and website is that you only work out ONCE a day - but you do it for 10 days. Are you sure it is a workout after each meal?


    The way I read it was "walk off a meal a day" - you workout once a day and you walk off one meal a day.....but maybe she has a new program. LOL I would think 3x a day would be excessive....it may kill me....LOL


    De'Etta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca. Thanks for the info on the website...I'll have to check that out. I like Leslie Sansone, too. You had me lol about the fry in the car seat! Have a great week. Julie http://funinthesunmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had to leave home to exercise, I'd be moving up pants sizes, not down ;D


    Even better is when you not only get to stay home, but you get to lay on the floor. This is why I love my pre-natal pilates DVD - of course, after a good work out, one may not be able to get back off the floor but hey - if you were following the directions you would already have pillows down there with you anyway - perfect for a post work out nap!


    I haven't posted today. I'll come back and sign in when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cod liver oil .. I've heard it's the nastiest stuff ever .. is that true? Is it save to take while pregnant and/or nursing? I thought I remembered you saying somewhere that you took more while pregnant, did I remember correctly? I thought I also recalled some ppl on a pregnancy forum taking cod liver oil to induce labor - have you ever heard of that and is that an old wives tale?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alicia,

    We don't take the clo alone. We put it in a shot of oj and chug it down with our vitamins. It is flavored with lemon, though, so the fishy smell is not so obnoxious as I guess it could be.


    I did take clo when I was pregnant and did up my dosage. I took 2 tsp. while pregnant. I've done that with 2 pregnancies so far, and have had 2 of the sweetest babies EVER. ;-)


    It's not clo that women take to induce labor, but castor oil. yuck!


    I honestly used to have 2 sinus infections per year. one in the spring. One in the fall. Allergy season. I haven't had one since we started taking clo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Castor oil! .. well .. that clears up my confusion lol


    Thanks for the tips Becca! I will put it on the shopping list. Can you just get it from Walmart or do you have to go somewhere special?


    ReplyDelete
  7. I get our clo at a health food store here in town. Don't use just any clo. A lot of companies take out the natural good stuff and replace it with synthetic stuff. We trust Garden of Life products. Garden of Life is owned by Jordan Rubin, the "maker's diet" guy. Go here to see what it looks like:

    http://www.beyondprobiotics.net/codliveroil.htm

    Go here for a little more info on cod liver oil:

    http://www.westonaprice.org/basicnutrition/cod-liver-oil-menu.html


    It's good stuff!

    Sincerely,

    Your Cod Liver Oil Goodwill Ambassador

    ReplyDelete
  8. diamondsintheroughApril 23, 2008 at 8:55 AM

    Becca, sorry, I'm signing in late. I did my post Monday and forgot to come over here! Here's another helpful workout/health site - www.sparkspeople.com

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...check out that challenge! My Leslie DVDs probably have an inch thick of dust on them by now!


    I have to say I am jealous though. The closest Chick Fil A is about an hour and a half away!!


    Yvonne :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stopped by from the qf blogroll. I enjoyed visiting your blog. I am expecting Baby # 5, we don't know what he/she will be yet. I have 1 daughter and 3 sons, so they are all praying for a sister.

    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am I supposed to sign Mr. Linky every week? And no, I didn't suffer after all, with my walk. I slept all night with no coughing. But I feel lousy today--I ran beside my 5-year-old grandson off and on for about a mile, teaching him to ride his bike. Then I took the older 2 boys on a LONG bike ride. I think I overdid it. Hope I don't have a relapse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just got your comment, then I added Leslie Sanson video information to my blog (at the top) and came here to thank you for commenting and I see your post about Leslie Sansone!! How ironic. I live in Arizona, it's going to be to hot to walk outside so a friend suggested these videos. I bought one, watched and and plan to use it tomorrow! I've been walking since the beginning of April, I decided to make it 'public'. My pastor wife Sally (Diamonds in the Rough), joined a while back so I decided to follow suite. Thanks for starting this, take care!

    ReplyDelete