Thursday, April 17, 2008

Frugal Fridays

I have always wanted to participate in Frugal Fridays, which Crystal, at Biblical Womanhood hosts every Friday.  But I feel like a frugal-lightweight compared to some of those ladies that usually participate, so I have just been observing from the sidelines until now.  It occurred to me this past weekend, that I finally have something to contribute to the frugal discussion.


We are in the middle of moving the kids from one room to another as we try to squeeze in our new baby girl into a bedroom that is not ours.  God bless her, she's cute and all, but it's time for her to have her own space.  ;-)  We are doing some major overhauls in each bedroom.  New moulding, paint, window blinds.....whatever we can do, we're doing it.  Last Saturday, First and Only Husband and I paid THREE DOLLARS for these blinds at Home Depot...


These blinds cost over 50 bucks each! 


A couple of years ago, a friend emailed us about an online gig called MyPoints.  You sign-up, and then begin to receive emails that are basically ads for goods or services.  All you have to do is click on the ad and you will earn five points.  Sometimes there are surveys that can earn you up to 60 points.  After awhile, these points add up and you can cash them in for gift certificates to fun places like Home Depot, Lowes, Starbucks, Old Navy, Target....they've got a huge list to choose from.  My husband and I both signed-up for MyPoints, and we both arrived at the needed points to receive $50 Home Depot gift certificates at the same time.  So with our hundred bucks, we bought these wooden blinds for three!  So far through MyPoints, we have earned a total of $250 in gift cards.  Not too shabby!


If you are interested in MyPoints, please let me know.  I would love for you to sign-up through me so I could earn points for referring you!  Send me an email at and I would consider it a huge favor.  :-)  You'll have to type my email address - my husband made an image of it for me so spammers could not capture it and use it.  How cool is it to be married to a web guy?

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I've heard of my points, but am too lazy to do the clicking. way to go!


    Sorry I didn't get my exercise list done this week- PC is on the blink :(


    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea? I'm glad you did link from Frugal Friday, and will definitely be checking this out!


    Sarah

    www.fiddledeedeeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete