Sunday, August 26, 2007

Cuisenaire Rod Fun

Today I'm working on lesson plans.  Can I say that I LUV working on lesson plans?  I don't know what it is about filling in the little rectangles on my kid's daily schedules that thrills me, but it does.  If only we could ALL be so easy to please.  ;-)


I want to re-visit place value with Second Son this week.  I thought it would be fun to pull out the Cuisenaire Rods again and wanted to find some activities with the rods for place value.  On to Google.  Love that, too. 


Here are some fun links I have found.  Not necessarily to do with place value, but learning with the rods in general. 


Cuisenaire Rod Math Games from Paula's Archives
Cuisenaire Rod Patterns - scroll down on this page
This is a great link! Cuisenaire Activity and Exploration Book

1 comment:

  1. I know we're kindred spirits now, because I also LOVE doing lesson plans. (Much more than actually teaching sometimes......) I think it's the organizer in me that likes everything just so. Anyway, I had to laugh when I read that on your blog!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete