Monday, August 27, 2007

Pregnancy Update

Since this is my fifth pregnancy, you would think that I am a little more savvy in all things related to pregnancy, but the other night, after spending a good two minutes grunting my way to a comfortable spot in bed, I said to my husband, "I don't think I can get any bigger."  My husband told me that yes, I will get bigger, and I said, "No, I don't think I can get any bigger."  So there.


I think Third Son agrees.  Yesterday he wanted me to read him a book, so he plopped down on my lap and kept trying to scoot back!  I finally had to say, "There's no where else for you to go!" 


I am 24 weeks along.  It seems as if it has taken forever (you know, about 24 weeks) to get to this point, but on the other hand, it seems as if I was blogging a pregnancy announcement just yesterday!  At my OB appointment today, I had to face the dreaded Glucose Tolerance Test and it really wasn't that bad.  I was definitely ready to eat by the time I got home, but I wasn't freaking out as I have in the past.  I know that the difference is Cod Liver Oil.  I used to have low blood sugar issues, but ever since we started taking Cod Liver Oil every day, it has never been a problem and things like the Glucose Tolerance Test is a very little deal.


Another great thing about this pregnancy is that sugar is replusive to me.  Never in my life have I been repulsed by sugar.  Love it!  Crave it!  :-)  So with the nausea of the first trimester and my new hatred of sweets, I lost ten pounds the first trimester.  The nausea is over, but the sweet thing continues, and I have never gained back all of the ten pounds yet.  There is a real possibility that I may end up weighing less after this pregnancy than when I started!  No, don't worry about me, the good Lord knows I have it to spare.  ;-)  But I have never lost weight during a pregnancy.  I'm one of those gals that gains 50 pounds and looks as if she's about to give birth any day even though she has eight weeks to go.  HA!  I tell ya, there is NO SUCH THING as a "normal" pregnancy.  Just like the kids, they are all different.

1 comment:

  1. Every pregnancy is different . . . how true! :0)


    Erna @ Sweet Serenity

    ReplyDelete