Friday, May 9, 2008

Gingerbread Men

We LUV the Bluedorns of Trivium Pursuit.  Harvey and Laurie's book, Teaching the Trivium made a HUGE impact on us as homeschooling newbies.  They helped us put a finger on what it was we wanted to do as homeschooling parents. 


Is it a surprise that their children also exert big influence in our house?  Especially Johannah Bluedorn Stafford.  We love her beautifully illustrated books which are works of art.  My daughter especially loves them and when I bought her a copy of one of Johannah's watercolor paintings, she was in heaven.  This is the one I got her for her birthday last year, which she actually received a few months late because I forgot about it sitting in my closet!  ;-)  It's titled The Barn Dance.


The Barn Dance


First Daughter loves this painting.  She has assigned each member of our family to a person in the picture.  We have also downloaded a FREE file of Johannah's painting titled Planning Garden.  There's just something about her paintings that make you want to roll up your sleeves, get off the couch, and DO all the interesting things in her paintings.


Johannah is such a great example for our daughters.  First Daughter and I have followed her engagement and wedding, and enjoyed watching Johannah in watercolor action on the Trivium Pursuit blog.  A lot of people say that ANYONE can draw, but I just don't see that.  There is a true talent involved in what Johannah does.


Johannah is auctioning an original watercolor painting on eBay!  It is titled Gingerbread Men.  Here's a peek at what it looks like.  :-)  Bidding on this ends on Sunday, so definitely check it out!


1 comment:

  1. JacqueDixonSoulRestESMay 15, 2008 at 7:48 PM

    We do not at all adhere to a classical approach, but I can say that there is a chapter or two in Teaching the Trivium that was a great influence on the way I home educate now, and I am thankful for it!

    Very nice paintings. Love them.

    ReplyDelete