Sunday, May 18, 2008

Shopping CVS

OH
MY
GOODNESS.


I feel like a cat who brings all the animals she kills to the doorstep to show off when I talk about shopping CVS.  It was all I could do to stay within the speed limit on my way home from CVS today because I was so excited!  I brought home and laid out all my stuff on the kitchen cabinet and had everyone take a guess about how much I spent on my second CVS transaction.  Here's why:


Things started off okay.  CVS has a deal where you buy $20 of Nexxus products, you get $10 ECBs back.  I use these products, especially the gel, for my unruly hair.  Their gel is the only thing that I've found that keeps my hair from totally frizzing out.  Anyway....I appreciate this deal because these products are not on the cheap side.  So here's what I got:


Nexxus Gel: 2 @ 9.99 each 
Nexxus Shampoo: 4.19
subtotal of 24.17
I used a $3/$15 CVS coupon
9.68 in ECBs
My final total was 12.44  Not a huge CVS shopping moment.  The big moment came when my receipt printed out!  Rather than receiving $10 ECBs, I received TWENTY ECBs!!!!!  The CVS guy and I were flabbergasted!  He recovered more quickly than I did and while he was ringing up my second transaction that I had planned on using my 10 ECBs on, he said, "Is there something else you need?"  Oh yeah!  So I ran back and got some wipes.  Then he said I needed something else that cost around $2.  I grabbed some salsa.  Here's the details:


Right Guard Extreme: 2 @ 3.00 each earn 2 ECBs)
Q-tips: 2.99
2 Oral-B toothbrushes: 2 @ 1.99 each (earn 2 ECBs)
Colgate toothbrush: 3.99 (earn 3.99 ECBs)
Playskool Wipes: 5.79
Salsa: 2.99
subtotal: 25.74
I used .30 coupon for the Q-Tips
1.50 in coupons for the Oral-B toothbrushes
$3/$15 CVS coupon
and then of course my $20 in ECBs!!! 
FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF


94 CENTS!!!!  And I earned $7.99 in ECBs.  :-)  That was such fun.  If I had been more on my toes, I would have grabbed more stuff that would have earned me more ECBs, but I'll survive.  It's just way too kewl to have paid only .94 for all that stuff. 


And ya know....a lot of people would say, "so lucky!  What a fluke!"  I don't believe that for a minute.  I totally believe that God had his hand on my CVS transactions today.  First of all, because I always pray before I go in that I will be successful.  This is a serious business for me.  I am really trying hard to lower our family's expenses.  So I always pray. 


Secondly, Proverbs 16:33 says, "The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD."  He meant for me to have that extra 10 ECBs.  He is so good to us all.

7 comments:

  1. You Rock!

    De'Etta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love scoring big at CVS. What a rush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree God has a hand in all that we do- and doing for our family is so fulfilling in its own right...CVS seems to be the icing on the cake!! :) Great job!

    Love the Moms for Modesty button on your blog!

    Janie

    Fellow Penny Pinchin' Momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a crock. You are what we call "An Insane Person". Read the Ad. Find Out the best way to shop based on the ad, your coupons, and extracare bucks. You Make You Successful. GOD has nothing to do with it. HE IS NOT REAL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm truly sorry that you are missing out on the blessings God brings to our lives. What I wrote may seem foolish to you, but Paul, in 1 Corinthians 1:27 wrote: "But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong."


    Life with God is so much more than about surface stuff. James 1:17 says: "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."


    So yes, I will praise Him when good happens in my life, as well as bad, because Romans 8:28 promises, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."




    ReplyDelete
  6. To God be the Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen, sistah. ;-)

    ReplyDelete