Thursday, May 8, 2008

Shopping CVS

I've visited so many blogs and read about the glories of CVS shopping.  Sounded great, but I figured it was probably more work than it was worth.  But lately I've really been working hard to tighten down even more with our budget, so I rolled my eyes, shrugged my shoulders and decided to give this CVS thing a shot. 


I am sold.  It is so totally kewl.  I am getting stuff that we use for FREE or really close to free.  Here's what I bought today:



Tums QuickPack: $4.69
Colgate 360 Toothbrush: $3.99
Aquaphor: $8.99
I used a $3/$15 CVS coupon a $1 coupon for the toothbrush and $11 in Extra Care Bucks that I earned from CVS from previous purchases, bringing my final total to $3.41!  It could have been even lower, but I goofed in printing a coupon from the web for the Tums.  Big bummer!  Not only did I get these three things for 3.41, but I earned Extra Care Bucks in return.  The Tums gave me 4.69 back, and the toothbrush, 3.99 for a total of $8.68 towards my next purchase.  So technically, CVS paid me to take home these three items.


I usually do my CVS shopping on Sundays, and did this week, but my son needed the Aquaphor for some excema he has on his hand.  He was totally out, so I needed to get it today, but after shopping CVS for the last month or so, I've realized that I never have to pay full-price for this type of stuff again.  So I visited MoneySavingMom (www.moneysavingmom.com) and IHeartCVS (www.iheartcvs.com) to see if I could find a way to earn some Extra Care Bucks so I could spend some ECBs and get the lotion free, or almost free.  Cha-ching!  ;-)  It worked!


If you are curious about how all this Extra Care Buck-ing works, MoneySavingMom has a great tutorial on getting started.  Go read and do it!  Don't wait like I did!  :-)  Go here: http://www.moneysavingmom.com/2007/09/cvs-101.html

No comments:

Post a Comment