Sunday, May 4, 2008

Exercise Challenge

It's been a weird week.  We got a call on Wednesday morning.  My Husband's grandmother died.  Very hard.  She was loved very much by her family.  What a sweet, SWEET woman.  We packed and packed and packed like crazy people on Thursday, drove to Missouri Friday, the funeral was Saturday, and here we are back at home in TX today. 


Moms of Many Exercise Challenge In the world of exercise, we have to congratulate Desi!  She has lost 1/2 inch around her waist!  How kewl is that?????  :-)

Kristy, from The Diet Blog has discovered this nifty site called StartYourDiet.com.  It has a Free Membership plan where you can track your weight, plan target goal dates, a special goal planning tool, track your daily water intake, a weight tracking chart and a free diet profile. 


Sally from Diamonds in the Rough has reported in some benefits from her exercising!  Notably a more comfy monthly for her.  Now that's something we can all relate to!  Sally, I have to say - Alicia will back me up on this - I am the Unofficial Cod Liver Oil Goodwill Ambassador - Cod Liver Oil also helps with that!  I know......yuck!  But if you just put a tsp. in a shot of oj, it's painless.  :-)  I can't sing the praises of this stuff enough.  Go here to read a bit more if you're interested.


I was so excited to put on a shirt that had been a little too snug in the arms before, but found myself with a little more wiggle room!  It was one of those days when everything I owned was dirty but that one shirt.  I did not want to wear it because I'm a bizzeee gal and the thought of fighting with a shirt with tight sleeves all day did not appeal to me.  You can imagine how thrilled I was to be able to move about freely!  I still haven't lost any weight, but it's good to know that something is happening!


Sign-in with Mr. Linky and leave a comment!  :-)  If you're wondering what I'm rambling on and on about, go here to read and get more details.


11 comments:

  1. I started walking at the first of April, though I didn't join till the challenge till several weeks later. So far, I've lost 10 lbs and am up to walking 6 miles (though, can't do that everyday, due to the amount of time involved).But I do get 3-5 miles in every day. I never thought I would say that I am enjoying exercise, but I am!!I feel so much better.


    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, Kristy. I can relate. I have always enjoyed exercising, but let it drop WAAAAAY down on my list of things to ever get done in the last years. It feels so good to get back into it, and on those evenings when I just don't feel like it, but make myself do it anyway, I ALWAYS feel better for it afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca,


    Praying for your family at this time of loss.


    Thanks so much for continuing to host this challenge.....I think I'll do a push for more members on my blog in the next week or so, but eve if our numbers are few I APPRECIATE you making this available for us.


    De'Etta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the prayers, De'Etta. It's hard to let Grandma go, but impossible not to be excited for her since we know she's with Jesus right now!


    Having you guys join me in this exercise challenge is a blessing for me! Thank YOU! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to check this out - It's Becky Tirabassi - I searched the web and she's now written many books, speaks etc but I don't see fitness dvds/videos. http://www.changeyourlifedaily.com/default.aspx?n=12870


    The vids are Step into Fitness - produced in 1991 by Benson


    Thoroughly Fit - 1993 Zondervan Publishing


    Both are good - I liked TF better - outside instead of inside...less glitches....seemed like a better workout to me....


    If your dh finds a place to buy these new - or other DVD's by her - do share. LOL


    De'Etta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry for your family's loss...that had to have been a rough week for you all. Thanks for the links, they look interesting. Glad you are seeing some benefits! Have a blessed week. Julie http://funinthesunmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is progress I'd say! Good going :)


    I'm writing up a post right now... check in a few minutes.


    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'm not any stronger or toned but I'm still here.


    I'm glad to hear others are making progress and/or experiencing benefits from their hard labor!


    Sorry for your family's loss, Becca. Glad you guys made the trip safely.


    Oh, and there is anything that cod liver oil doesn't help with? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a "mom of many." I have 4, but 3 will be leaving the nest soon - so I'm only homeschooling one. May I still qualify to join the challenge?


    I've been exercising and trying to cut back because the 30 pounds I lost years ago have begun to creep back on me.


    I'm making good use of my YMCA membership.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ladydell! Of course you can join in the exercise fun. :-) The more the merrier.


    Love,

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alicia, there really isn't much that cod liver oil doesn't help with. It's packed with omega 3's - basic stuff our body needs to function properly! :-)

    ReplyDelete