Monday, October 13, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...

Outside my Window...we’re walkin’ on sunshine around here.  It’s cooled down nicely and twice daily walks are becoming the norm.  I love being spoiled in this way.  Texas is so HOT in the summer!

I am thinking...about Sarah Palin.  My thoughts go in so many directions.  I disagree with her life choices, but as a sister in Christ, I cannot be completely turned off by her.  We are all on the road to sanctification – we are all on different parts of the road.  My prayer is that God would reveal to her His plan for the family and her role in it.  I didn’t always get it.  It took me awhile to understand it.  A friend sent me the link to a really good article.  It’s a long read, but REALLY worth it.  It cuts "the Deborah argument" down at the knees.  Here it is: But What about Deborah? Why the Example of Deborah Does Not Support the Candidacy of Sarah Palin


From the learning rooms...lots of praying and questioning going on right now as I consider our future direction.  Am I putting the emphasis on the correct areas?  That’s my big question for God lately.

I am thankful for...my husband and children.  Without them I would not call out to God as I should.  Their presence in my life has made me a better person.

From the kitchen...looking forward to see if I can sneak Creamy Cauliflower Soup by the fam this week.  I’m going to puree the cauliflower and see how it goes.  

I am reading...the same stuff I was working through last week.  ;-)

I am hoping...to be able to “do it all” this week.  (as De’Etta from Choosing Joy would say….::SNORT::)

I am creating...a plan for when some friends come over to hang out at our house on the 31st.  It’s a yearly event that we all greatly look forward to.  Chili, hot dogs, flag football.  Fun.

I am hearing...Ben cleaning out the silverware drawer, Henry hacking away with some scissors on a piece of paper.

Around the house...we had Darin’s family over on Saturday evening for some birthday celebrations and I feel so good about some cleaning I was able to get done before they came.  Darin took Henry, Lydia and Jack to the Fire Department’s Open House Saturday morning and while Sophia slept and Ben mowed the lawn, I was able to get some deep cleaning in a couple of rooms done.  What a relief that was!  The good news:  as I was cleaning, I realized that things weren’t as bad as I had been imagining….not including my bedroom and master bath.  ;-)

One of my favorite things...getting enough sleep so that I wake up bouncing around the house accomplishing things.  I am a nightowl and tend to stay up too late.  

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...trying for the Pumpkin Patch again this week.  We had to cancel last night because one of our sweet friends was sick.  


Tonight is mine and Darin’s date night!  One of these days we’ll get to actually go somewhere on a date night.  For now, we rent a movie and eat some ice cream and crash on the couch.  No computer, no chores, no organizing school stuff….just making time for each other.  It’s nice when I can stay awake for it.  LOL!

Here is a picture I want to share with you...
My Mom cuddling with Sophia after she was born.  

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture!


    Pamela

    www.thethreecscheznous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan (A Happy Heart at Home)October 13, 2008 at 4:52 PM

    Precious picture! Thanks for sharing your daybook with us.


    ~Susan

    http://ahappyheartathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's pretty good if you can actually have a date night at home. We can never pull that off. Too much to do around here to distract us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stress over the undone stuff around me, but it's no sweat to my husband. :-) I have had to learn to chill out. Especially since we get very little time alone these days. :-)

    ReplyDelete