Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sowing Good Seed

From Elsie's Children - Book 6 of the Elsie Dinsmore Series.  How important it is to read books such as this that encourage us to be Godly parents.  Lydia and I go to Starbucks or Marble Slab every Sunday and read a chapter together.  :-)


The mother had to teach patience meekness and forbearance by precept and example, ever holding up as the grand motive, love to Jesus, and a desire to please and honor Him.


Such constant sowing of the good seed, such patient, careful weeding out of the tares, such watchfulness and prayerfulness as Elsie bestowed upon the children God had given her, could not fail of their reward from Him who has said, 'Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap'; and as the years rolled on she had the unspeakable joy of seeing her darlings one after another gathered into the fold of the Good Shepherd; consecrating themselves in the dew of their youth to the service of Him who had loved them and washed them from their sins in His own blood.

3 comments:

  1. I've only read the first of the Elsie series and I really liked it. I also just recently bought 5 of the books(used) and 3 of them are really old. My dd has started the first one. There are so many good lesson in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It just doesn't get any better than Elsie Dinsmore. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. www.xanga.com/DiscipleshipAcademyOctober 9, 2008 at 3:54 AM

    It has been ages since I read Elsie Dinsmore. I didn't get to book 6 with my girls because we stopped when she got married. I thought at the time that my girls were a bit young to keep their interest. Now that my girls are older I guess I will have to pick them up again. Sounds like a great encouragement to moms too. Thanks for reminding me of these great books.

    ~Margie

    ReplyDelete