Friday, September 12, 2008

Dallas Meets Tropical Storm Ike

Here we are, in landlocked Dallas, preparing for a TROPICAL STORM!  Hurricane Ike is coming our way and will retain enough of its strength to be a tropical storm by the time it hits North Texas.  I've never lived by the ocean (still don't!) and have never dealt with 50 mile an hour winds before.  Along with gathering batteries, candles, water and food, I have this absurd urge to clean my house from top to bottom.  I want it spotless.  Is that the way to greet a tropical storm?  ;-)


Say a prayer for all of us here in Texas who are not used to dealing with this kind of stuff!  Last night Lydia and I went to Target to stock up, and we noticed no one else seemed to be doing the same thing.  I chatted with a pal of mine last night, and she had no clue that we should even be preparing for anything!  All the news is so focused on Houston (God BLESS them!) that I'm afraid that by the time the storm is upon us, many people are going to be without things they need.  So please do say a prayer for us, and I will be back here after the storm!

5 comments:

  1. We will keep you in prayer!


    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying..



    kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!


    This is why I like my pantry stocked and things from the Lemanns catalog.


    On the lighter side... maybe you should invest in a windmill. It will pay itself off in one storm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. turns out we didn't need anything! When Ike made landfall, he turned east and left us with really lame rain. At least we were ready for anything!! LoL


    Texas is the biggest producer of energy through wind, so we probably could make our money back pretty quickly. Now, where to put our windmill....... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Yes - I used to do the same thing in Florida. I always had to vacuum the floors especially because I wanted the clean if we lost the power! I 've been praying for Texas!


    God Bless, MeritK

    ReplyDelete